Early results from pilot projects and other implementations of 2D codes in retail, show that scanning 2D codes is as easy, efficient and fast as scanning EAN codes. The global 2D program conducts extensive testing to gather insights into the performance of 2D. These tests will provide answers to globally prioritized questions such as:
• How fast can different barcodes be scanned with precision?
• How does the encoded data (quantity, type) affect scan speed and precision?
• How well do scanning systems find information on packages with multiple barcodes?
• How should barcodes be placed relative to each other for best scanning results?
• How does the number of barcode types that a scanning system looks for affect the relative scanning performance?