What we send
Trade Item Information
We always send complete trade item information for a GTIN in GS1 XML format. Partial trade item information is not sent.
Images are published based on the chosen subscriptions. File names are defined in each subscription. You choose whether you want images in TIFF, JPEG, and PNG format (for planogram images). An example of a file name: 08717163583555_D1C1. The file name starts with a GTIN followed by its facing direction, angle, etc. Guidelines and Validoo’s requirements for images are available in the Quality assurance rules.
Preparations in the receiving system
To handle trade item information sent from Validoo, you need to first prepare your system. It is important to map out all steps in the process to handle incoming trade item information.
In the Guideline for Trade Item Information are descriptions of what the various attributes mean. The Guideline will help you get acquainted with the information and attributes you wish to use.
The link above also features documents describing how to handle trade item information, business document specifications, mapping specifications, the Validoo Operations Manual and example files.
Keys to success
- Read the service description and conditions for Validoo’s services for data receivers and data suppliers to find out what the service includes and how you can use product information.
- Set aside time to set up communication and create subscriptions. Ensure that there is competence in trade item information, XML, AS2, REST, and image formats at your company. You should also review how the information is to be used.
- Read about what applies for trade item information in the Swedish market.
- Read the Validoo Operations Manual.
- Use GS1 Sweden’s Guideline for Trade Item Information to determine which attributes are relevant for you.
- Use GS1 Sweden’s Business Document Specifications to learn how specific attributes are used by Swedish-market users (their repeatability, applicability, etc.)
- Use GS1 Sweden’s mapping specification to learn about connections between attributes, attribute names and xml xpaths.
- Use the xml schema to work with the global standard. Your system must receive trade item information that features more attributes and code values than those specified in the Swedish subset of trade item information. Use the information that is relevant for you.
- Make sure to use current code lists.
- Continually download code values for the Swedish market from gs1.se, where they are available in machine-readable format. We recommend downloading code lists once per day. Note that code lists are adapted to the Swedish market, according to the Swedish subset for trade item information. Providers using a different data pool for trade item information can send code values that are not included in the Swedish subset.
- Ensure that you receive information on new GDSN releases with updated attributes and codes. There are 2-5 releases per year. Information on new releases is available at gs1.se and is also sent to your technical contact person.
Checklist to get started
– Choose a service
Find out what the Validoo Buyer, Validoo Reciever Validoo Supplier and Validoo GDSN Supplier services entail and choose the service that best suits your needs.
Then fill in this form and we will contact you with a proposal.
– Make sure your company has a GS1 Company Prefix
Check if your company has a GS1 Company Prefix (number series). If you subscribe to GS1 Company Prefix, you will automatically have a Global Location Number (GLN) that identifies you as a buyer in Validoo.
Order a GS1 Company Prefix from GS1 Sweden if you have not already done so.
– Signing an agreement
Once you have Validoo Buyer, Validoo Receiver, Validoo Supplier or Validoo GDSN Supplier, you can navigate, download product information and administer users in the Validoo production environment.
To manage your users in the Pre-prod environment (test environment), we will help you create your first user. After that you can administer users yourself, just as you would in the Production environment.
– Prepare your system
Prepare your system to handle trade item information sent from Validoo.
– Create and verify your data communication solution
Fill in documentation with technical parameters.
– Create subscriptions
Create subscriptions to download the trade item information you are interested in, either in Validoo’s web interface or via your own web service. If you choose Validoo Buyer, you need to inform your business contacts that they should also be connected to Validoo in order to send their trade item information to your GLN. Please contact us first so that we can ensure that we have sufficient resources to answer questions from your suppliers. Validoo Suppliers retrieves trade item information for its GLN, i.e. the GLNs that Validoo Suppliers are information providers for.
– Let us know who your contact people are
Make sure we have the right contacts in your company to receive:
– operational information and technical issues
– new releases
– updates on prices and conditions
Frequently asked questions
How does sending masterdata via GDSN work?
Validoo is a data pool and part of the global GS1 Data Synchronisation Network ( GDSN ) that enables sending of master data based on GS1 standards within and between different data pools.