GS1 Sweden uses Microsoft’s Active Directory service for signing in to all our platforms. This means that you have easy access to MyGS1, Validoo, and Directory when signing in with a Microsoft account.
Why does GS1 Sweden use Microsoft for signing in?
We want to make it easier for those of you who use more than one of our services by only using one login. Active Directory is already used to sign in to Validoo and now the same login also can be used on MyGS1 and Directory. If you already have a Validoo account, you don’t need to do anything, and you can use the same login credentials for these services as well.
For the best experience of our services, you need to use the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Update your browser here:
Google Chrome >
Microsoft Edge >
What you need to do
If you already have a Microsoft account
1) Click on the button in the email you received from Microsoft. You will land on a page where your email address is predefined.
2) Enter your Microsoft account password.
3.) Accept that your Microsoft user account will be linked to GS1 Sweden
You are signed in and can start using the services.
If you don’t have a Microsoft account
In many cases, you can use your existing email address for your Microsoft account. Here’s how:
1.) Click on the button in the email you received from Microsoft
2. ) Create a password
3.) Fill in the information Microsoft requires
4.) Fill in the verification code sent to your email
5.) Verify that you are a real person
5.) Accept that your account is linked with Microsoft
You are sign in and can start using the services.
If the registration does not work
If you can’t use your email address for a Microsoft account, it may be due to one of the following:
- You have a group account (eg email@example.com). Try creating a login with your own email account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You have an account with an alias – that is, your email account has an internal name (e.g. email@example.com) and a different public name (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your email account is not associated with Active Directory or any other directory service with user profiles – contact your IT administrator for set up or create a Microsoft account.
If you’ve created a new account without receiving an email from Microsoft, you’ll need to contact the GS1 or Validoo administrator at your company in order to be added as a user and receive an invitation that is associated with the new account.
You haven’t received an activation link email from Microsoft
First, check to see if the message is in the spam filter. If the email is not there, you can go to MyGS1 and try to sign in. If it works, it’s all done.
If you receive an error message instead, first make sure that your email is associated with a Microsoft account. If you still can’t sign in, contact your GS1 or Validoo administrator at your company to make sure that the email you’re trying to sign in with is posted as a user. Please use the guide above.