About verified systems
In order to get trade item information validated in Validoo you need an agreement with GS1 Sweden and a system that is verified for entering product information into Validoo.
Several system suppliers to choose from
There are several verified systems to choose from on the market. The systems will help you enter, publish and, when necessary, change your product information. As a compliment, it is possible to send and receive data to Validoo through different connections or develop your own verified system.
The verified systems are listed further down this page.
Select type of system
Select the system that suits your business needs the best. Also make sure the system you choose is customized and supports your product range.
Standalone web-based system
If you have few products and your information does not need to be stored in your business system, a stand-alone web-based system is usually cost-efficient. There are several web-based systems that are verified and updated according to GS1 standards.
If you have a large product range, with 50 products or more, you should consider an integrated system.
The same applies if you have information that can be transferred from your business system. The advantage of integrated systems is that you do not need manual registration of information that already exists in a business system at your company. Note that all necessary information is not always available in other systems so the information you already have may need to be supplemented in order for your product information to be filled in according to GS1 standards.
Different options in choosing an integrated system
Part of your business system
Your business system may have a built-in function for entering information according to GS1 standards. Some business systems have both internal and external custom modules. Ask your business system provider for tips. An alternative within integrated systems can be so-called PIM solutions / PIM systems (Product Information Management).
A complement to your business system
If your business system lacks a built-in feature to fill in information according to GS1 standards, you can develop your own system with one of our connections. Once your system is fully developed and tested, it needs to be verified by GS1 Sweden to ensure that it complies with GS1 standards.
Verification is briefly about your system being able to:
- Use attributes according to GS1 standards for trade item information.
- Create and manage trade item hierarchies.
- Update your trade item hierarchies.
It is possible to change system for trade item information registration if you are not satisfied with functionality, user interface, service level or price.
Verified system suppliers
Argus VCD, Vitec Nordman
Argus VCD is always updated according to the latest standard. The system is currently used by many suppliers to the FMCG industry, pharmacies and Systembolaget.
Argus VCD is a user friendly, logical and easy to use interface in both English and Swedish.
The program validates the trade item information before it is sent to minimize the risk of errors. There are also importing features as Excel and XML.
Argus VCD is an affordable solution, fixed monthly cost and free support with no annual fee or variable costs.
BrightPoint, Pinestone AB
Information needs change over time, sometimes rapidly. BrightPoint is built to manage change and help you meet new demands on your information. Whether you need to update your product information to current standards or find an integrated workflow with your business system, we have robust tools to help you deliver the highest quality information.
BrightPoint is a cloud solution that can handle multiple information standards and industries/ranges.
– Restaurant equipment, Non-food, Grocery, Pharmacy, Systembolaget etc.
– Industry templates for trade item information
– Support for all countries and beneficiaries
– Features for price lists and quotes
– Publish product sheets with your own design
– Integrate with your internal systems
BrigthPoint has been developed by Pinestone who have extensive experience in GS1 and master data. We help you succeed with your trade item information.
DABAS, Delfi Marknadsparter AB
In DABAS, you can manage and publish your trade item information in one single place and reach out to the entire industry and your customers. With simple and user-friendly features you can handle trade item information, product images, quality assure and send trade item information. Dabas is a web-based cloud computer service that can integrate with ERP systems on the market. With 25 years of experience Dabas offer quality, cost-effectiveness and transparency.
EDI Solutions article information
EDI Solution’s trade item information service is user-friendly and affordable. The system is web-based with the possibility of integration into your existing business.
- Supports demands from the FMCG industry, pharmacies and Systembolaget
- Fixed monthly fee with unlimited number of users
- Free training and support
- Supports the GS1 latest version
- Validation of data
- Import of existing trade item information
- Export of trade item information
- Supports English and Swedish
Exder EPC, Kofax Expert Systems
Exder is the cloud computer service for you who want to create and send trade item information to your customers.
- Direct control to Validoo’s regulations
- Free support and training by phone
- Import of trade item information
- Export of trade item information (e.g. to PDF)
- Automatic system updates
- Languages: Swedish, English, Norwegian, Danish
- Integrate your ERP system
- Exder EDI receive orders, send order response, delivery notification and invoices
- Common trade item directory for trade item information and EDI
Note! Largest within the FMCG industry and with support for Systembolaget.
fmcgProducts PIM, fmcg solutions
fmcg solutions have long experience of sending trade item information to customers in the Nordics.
- Trade item data to GDSN via GS1 Sweden (Validoo), GS1 Denmark (GS1Trade Sync), GS1 Finland (Synkka), GS1 Holland (Data Source), GS1 Germany (Atrify), Tradesolution Norway (EPD) and Dabas Sweden
- Quick import of items, easy to get started
- Simple routines for import and export
- Integration with internal systems via API
- Possibility to distribute information in multiple channels – web / print / label etc
- Offers a unique direct connection with inRiver PIM
Foptec Recipe Explorer, Foptec AB
Foptec Recipe Explorer is one of the market’s leading IT solutions for FMCG-companies. The program offers complete management of ingredients, recipes, ingredient lists, nutritional declarations, product sheets, production planning, price calculations, document management and validation of trade item information against GS1 via Validoo.
Prevas GCM, Prevas AB
Prevas GCM is a user-friendly online service for registration, maintenance and sending of trade item information to swedish, danish and finnish recipients (including Systembolaget)
- Send Trade Item Information to Validoo, Gs1 Trade Sync and Synkka.
- The Trade Item Information is validated against GS1’s standard when saved and sent to minimize the risk of errors.
- Swedish and English user interface.
- Fixed monthly fee and free support.
- Always support GS1’s latest version.
- Import via xml and export to pdf, xml and Excel.
- Integration with business systems eg. SAP and PIM.
With Validoo DataEntry you can enter, edit and send your trade item information directly in Validoo!
Validoo DataEntry features
- Step-by-step guidance with the help of interactive tip balloons that make your entry of information easier, faster and more correct from the start
- The possibility to send trade item information to multiple target markets
- Instant validation of your trade item information
- The latest version of GS1 standards for Trade Item Information, for all product types
- Multi languages, Swedish and English.
WH Group, Visma Business
WH Group has since the early 2000s developed a system- and service solution for wine and spirits suppliers in the Nordics, based on the business system Visma Business.
Our ambition is to be at the forefront of technology and offer our customers the most user friendly and cost efficient industry solution on the market. This means that you as a customer can manage trade item information according to GS1 standards for alcohol beverages directly in your business management system as well as send product information to Systembolaget and other buyers following the same standard, via Validoo.